We should have the right to know who our parents are

By , West Newton, PA
Hi. As a 15 year old girl, I have come to realize that life isn't all rainbows and butterflies. Life sucks. Ask anyone. For the last 15 years I have been through hate, shame, and abuse. My mother would come home drunk, beat me infront of my younger siblings, and leave me to clean up the mess. My step-father is on house arrest. He was tazored six times infront of my 7 year old brother, who I had to hold and rock as he saw it happen. So yes. You can say I have a rough life, dealing with a brother who has done four tours in Iraq. Iran. But now that I'm 15, I'm not afraid anymore. Thats why I'm writing this. My mother refuses to help me find my true father. He should be pale and blue eyed. I want to know who I came from, and what I may be. Don't take no, take yes. Keep trying. I will never stop till I find the truth. Our parents shouldn't have that right over us, to keep this away from us. We need to know. We need to know, or have only half a heart. Your choose.

Anastasia.Z said...
Wow, your recent work has seriously improved from now! Excellent job, Scarlett! Uitstekend!

ScarlettJ. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 9, 2014 at 11:49 am
Thank you, Anastasia!

ScarlettJohnson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
My name is Scarlett Johnson. I accidently set some of my stuff as anonymous, ugh!