Going Against the Status Quo

'Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.' I've been creating myself for 16 years now and still mess up at least 5 times per day. There are days when I want to change everything about myself. My hair and eye color, chest size, voice, attitude, talents, personality and weaknesses. Then there are days where I'm on top of the world and no one could ever stop me. There are few things that I know for sure about myself but one thing I know for sure is that I will never EVER go with the flow of the crowd. I'm 16 years old and never drank. Not one sip of alcohol. I've never smoked, I'm a virgin, I try really hard not to cuss, I get good grades, I go to church, I read my bible, my mom is one of my absolute best friends, I love spending time with my family, I love reading and writing poetry. If you look up goody-two-shoes in the dictionary my picture is right next to the definition. For a long time I struggled with that. I thought that wasn't how I wanted people to view me. But now, I've realized that I don't care. That's who I am, it's who I always have been and who I always will be. So what if all of my friends go out and drink and hook up with guys on Friday and Saturday night? So what if they think I'm kind of a nerd for some of the things I love to do. This is ME. Your approval has never been wanted nor needed. God made me just the way I am and he has a purpose for me. Nerdy gody-two-shoesniss and all!