Dear Computer | Teen Ink

Dear Computer

By Musicfeedsthesoul07 PLATINUM, Naperville, Illinois
Musicfeedsthesoul07 PLATINUM, Naperville, Illinois

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. " - Bill Gates

Dear computer,

How dare you? You’ve ruined my life, my family…you’ve even taken my kids away! What happened to the days when we used to hang out? Remember back in the 80s when we used to chill with color printer? But those days are gone and nothing was the same after Boombox and VHS died. After that you stopped talking to me, you met iPod and Blu-Ray and forgot all about the good times we had. They were “modern” and I’ve been the same since John Hancock wrote the Bill of Rights. You’ve changed…now you have an HD screen and wireless streaming, you don’t need to waste your energy on such a bulky, old-fashioned piece of history. I understand you don’t want to see me anymore but you crossed the line when you ran away with Book, she was my only love and you corrupted her. You changed my beautiful wife into a cold hard one-dimensional screen; she’s Kindle now. Even my kids like you more, letter will only answer to Email and her sister will only answer to Facebook. Even worse Origami changed his name to World of Warcraft! I may not fit in with the times, but I’m classic like a corvette and in 30 years when it’s your turn to be thrown in the trash...oh I’m sorry I mean “Recycled” you’ll know exactly how I feel. So for now I’ll let you think you’re better than me for now. But remember that all good things must eventually come to an end.

Sincerely,

Paper

Technology from a perspective that's surpassed the test of time.