Just Ignore It

Everybody has heard the words, "just ignore it." Well my question is how do I get to the point of not caring what other people think? I don’t really care what other people think; its just that people’s comments make me stop and listen.
I have a friend who is always there to tell me how she likes my shirt, or how she likes my hair. There need to be more people like that in this world. There are others, people who think the world spins around them. For example, there is this other girl who is always there to look at what I’m wearing, and judge every bit of me. Her comments just annoy me, I don’t take them seriously. A few are, “What are you wearing?”, and “Why are your colors not matching?”, or “Ewww, why are you wearing pants?” (Short-shorts are her favorite piece of clothing.) These comments are said by her with a pouty, wrinkly-nosed face. I reply to her comments with a shrug, or a cold, “why do you care?” I like revenge as much as the next person. I’ll get it someday, but until then, I’ll do as my dad says and let one thing through one ear and out the other.
Anyways, back to the subject. So here is what I want to know. How do I completely stop caring? I have high self-confidence, I don’t take other people’s comments seriously, but I want to be able to let judging people’s words just blow away like the wind. I hear in college everybody is nice and all accepting, but I am in middle school. I want to be indifferent now. But maybe, just maybe, it’s not me who needs to change. It’s everybody else who needs to change. I like that idea.

thunder82597 said...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:39 am
MARVELOUS!!!!!!!