Don't Give In | Teen Ink

Don't Give In

August 27, 2011
By DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas
DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas
19 articles 1 photo 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.\"


Everyone's different. While some people are shining their brightest there's some of us hiding away in the shadows. Afraid of the onlookers who should see us ever shining.
But, why do we care what people think?
How come we have to be influenced by others to do what's "cool"?
Because what exactly is "cool"?
Is it being weak and giving in to each new drug, fashion, or language?
Or is it something much more radical that begins within- something that you posses at birth?
If it's that, then it's not fair that some don't make the cut.
What society thinks is cool, is hard to achieve. You have to be rich to claim the nice clothes and when you aren't your shuned, because, you are a loser.
Why do people act that way? It's not like most of us earned the green paper ourselves.
And on the subject of people thinking it's cool to cuss, why cuss? How is it cool to hear something like that? There was something someone very dear to me said one day.
"It's a shame to see such a beautiful girl have such a dirty mouth. It takes away the beauty."
There is so much truth to those words. Cussing- it makes you look weak. You gave in. Don't give in.
You are your own person, not what people make you.
Don't give in. Don't.