My opinions on Education and parents raising children | Teen Ink

My opinions on Education and parents raising children

By AnarchistHeartland ELITE, Washington, District Of Columbia
AnarchistHeartland ELITE, Washington, District Of Columbia

" Art is beauty everlasting "

You know, I see alot of people these days uneducated and illprepared for the future or unable to cope with what lies in store for them, Whether it's tomorrow or 20 years in the future.
Why is this you may ask? The answer is simple. We sugarcoat far too much, and the No Child Left Behind Act only makes things worse.

We allow our children to "glide" through school, enforce peer pressure on them to go to college when they may not be readily equipped to face it immediately after high school, And as such cannot handle these issues. College is more expensive than ever, and most kids still do not fully grasp the concept of what it means to live independently, maying mortgage, rent, utilities, food, healthcare, clothes, and other miscellaneous monthly bills that we must routinely pay. We do not need all this useless information that we may never use in our futures'. Itis only slowing us down. All students should be required to know the basics, but after middle school should be allowed to work on their careers and learn about their interests right away, as well as classes to help them with the real world. Economics, Psychology, Independent Living, Finances, Law, And other important skills they may need in life, Such as fixing cars, basic computer knowledge, knowledge of the banks systems, basic knowledge of government, and all the things we need to progress in this world.
Parents, You need to allow your kids more freedom, sop long as they are responsible. Be their aprent not their best friend. teach them, help them, watch them grow. teach them to ebcome self reliant, adaptable, and able to overcome adversity. Stop worrying about violent video games and what your child is exposed to. We all live in a dangerous world, They will have to come to terms with reality sometime. They have to live their own lives, but be sure to tell them the difference between right and wrong. That any games they may play, friends they may hang out with, or movies or tv they may watch, should not be imitated. Raise your child to be knowledgable, assertive, demonstrative, brave, kind and strong. Not a codependent. like some parents nowadays have been.
Raise your children with pride, love them, and be there to support them.

And kids, get your education and prepare yourself carefully for the challenges that await you. You are not above anyone or anything. be all that you can be

Parents and schools