-Love- | Teen Ink

-Love-

By Lilium BRONZE, Marysville, Washington
Lilium BRONZE, Marysville, Washington

If you don't try, you'll never know.

There is hope, you just have to search your heart for it.

What is love? Why do we love? Love is something that we are born with. Love is an affinity for a certain person, place, or thing. We share love with everyone even by just saying a friendly hello to someone we don’t really know. Love is something that we all need. We all strive to gain love, yet, we don’t need to gain it, it is given to us when we are born. Love makes us be filled with joy, hope, and also when we love others, we always strive to protect them and we promise that we’ll always be there because of love.

Family love. Family teaches us to love better, even in tough situations, we learn from that. We always love our family no matter what, we can’t not love our family, it’s impossible to. We always love our family because they’ve always been there and they always will. Even if we resent someone in our family, we still love them no matter what we say. The reason why we can’t say that we don’t love someone is because we’re trying not to love someone, that’s why we say that we don’t. Humans cannot try and not love someone, we were made in a way to always love others no matter what.

Friends love. Friends will certainly come and go in life, but we still love our friends. Friends will help us to love by helping us to learn to be more forgiving and trusting towards others and ourselves. We also learn to be more open with not only our friends and family but ourselves as well. Being friends with people helps us realize our mistakes, therefore we can fix them because our friends will tell us. Our friends will give us good advice, they help us through the bad times, are there when we need a shoulder to cry on, or just to tell us a certain outfit doesn’t look that good on us. A good friend will always tell you the truth even if it’s about something small. A good friend can even be our family members, it doesn’t have to just be people that we share life with, but we always love them.

God’s love for us. His love for us is the greatest of all. God loves us no matter what we do, He never abandons us. Love compels us to love without end, and this is exactly what God does for us, He promised that He will always love us as well. He loved us so much that He sent His only son down to Earth to die for our sins, Jesus Christ is the only reason that we are able to go to Heaven, it’s because of God that we are able to have eternal life. No one on the entire Earth can love like God loves for us. His love is unconditional, unlimited, and complete. He is like a parent to us, and He always loves us even when we do the things that He tells us not to. He forgives, and that’s what love is about. Love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered. Love keeps no record of wrongs, love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres, and never fails.

Another thing that we love is animals. Animals make us happy because they make us happy, yet they ask for nothing in return. They protect us and we love them because we just love animals. There are times when we’re sad or angry and our pets are there to make us happy. Sometimes, we talk to them about our problems, sure, they can’t answer back, but it makes us happy that someone is listening at all. Sometimes we love animals because they remind us of a certain person, place, or even a memory. Sometimes, we love them just because we love how they look, how they act, maybe just because they’re adorable. Loving is in human nature, it’s what we do.

Love is very important to humans, love is something that completes us. People always wonder when they’ll find that one special person to spend the rest of their life with. We have to wait, because when you wait, you get what you need or want. Patience, forgiveness, trust, respect, and also just being there are things that we all need to work on, we’re not perfect, yes, but that is not an excuse to not be your best. When we wait patiently for that one person to come along then they’ll make you happy, they’ll be happy and you’ll love each other for everything that makes you who you are. True love exists, you just have to wait for it. Sure, some people just don’t want to have to wait for a long time, but you know, if you wait patiently you will be rewarded. Love is blind and we’ll always strive to protect that special person, no matter the cost. Humans were made to love, and it’s what we always do we love, love and everything about love.

That’s what I believe love is. ~Nicole

so_joy SILVER said...
so_joy SILVER, Navesink, New Jersey

"Be the change you want to see."

I completely agree! Very well-written and expressed! Fanatstic work! Please, read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot.