Death and Strengh | Teen Ink

Death and Strengh

October 31, 2010
By Allie12 BRONZE, North Tonawanda, New York
Allie12 BRONZE, North Tonawanda, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Death is unforgiving, it’s cruel and unkind. For those who have lost someone, you know it takes a lot of will power to overcome it. On the plus side, you benefit by developing strength. This is a real life situation. For me, watching my father die was both devastating and heartbreaking. The hardest part was saying goodbye. While I was at his bedside holding his cold hand, I thought to myself ‘I never want to let go’. His last hours were the hardest to bear. It took a lot of strength, that I didn’t know I had to survive the emotional experience. As hard as it was though, I have grown as a person as a result. I miss my dad and everyday I think about him. But that’s a real life problem. I think I’m supposed to feel sad, confused and angry, which I do. Unfortunately, I’m not living in a world where tragedy ceases to exist. None of us are. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, however, it’s that life goes on. Although I have a reason to be bitter, I try not to be. Life is too short. So follow my lead, and think about the advantages of gaining inner strength next time you encounter death.