Death and Strengh

Death is unforgiving, it’s cruel and unkind. For those who have lost someone, you know it takes a lot of will power to overcome it. On the plus side, you benefit by developing strength. This is a real life situation. For me, watching my father die was both devastating and heartbreaking. The hardest part was saying goodbye. While I was at his bedside holding his cold hand, I thought to myself ‘I never want to let go’. His last hours were the hardest to bear. It took a lot of strength, that I didn’t know I had to survive the emotional experience. As hard as it was though, I have grown as a person as a result. I miss my dad and everyday I think about him. But that’s a real life problem. I think I’m supposed to feel sad, confused and angry, which I do. Unfortunately, I’m not living in a world where tragedy ceases to exist. None of us are. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, however, it’s that life goes on. Although I have a reason to be bitter, I try not to be. Life is too short. So follow my lead, and think about the advantages of gaining inner strength next time you encounter death.

t.i.m.n_w said...
sometimes that strength is hard to find, but it is easy to keep going if you remind yourself. i've lost my grandfather and john.....but i know i'm not alone. :)

RachelAndersen96 said...
This story is really inspiring!! I almost cried when I read it. This story has made me think about how good I have it. I'm glad that you have allowed yourself to move on.

kevinkyle said...
Nov. 5, 2010 at 9:35 am
This story inspires me too. 1) i had to  do this with my uncle. I miss him soo much and i love him. 2) there has been lots of deaths in my family in the last 5 years. 3) also my grandma who i basically love more then anything in the world has lots of heart surgeries. I'm afraid one of these times she is going to die and i'm going to lose it.