Dear Girls of the World, | Teen Ink

Dear Girls of the World,

By ReneetheGreat PLATINUM, Castle Rock, Colorado
ReneetheGreat PLATINUM, Castle Rock, Colorado

"Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from an indomitable will."

Beauty is everywhere we look. In the glorious mountains. In the magnificent sunrise. In the effortless gardens. And in the honest mirrors.
A lot of times, we look into those mirrors with a red pen, always marking up the imperfections and the impurities. But trying to edit God’s handiwork is like saying perfect isn’t perfect. God made you to be you, and you are PERFECT for that role. So that pimple right under your nose- that’s supposed to be there. Your pointy nose- that’s exactly how it’s supposed to be.
So rock it girl. Don’t be afraid to embrace the beauty that lies on the surface. But then, dig deeper. If you were created by God to be a masterpiece, what makes you who you are?
Is it your stubborn, fiery temper? Own it. But more than that, use it, not to scream and slam your door, but to get FIRED UP about things that you are passionate about. Use it to speak to people, to inspire people. You have the power to make people believe again, make them listen. You can change the way people look at the world, so do it!

Or is it your quiet, shy spirit? Take it and run with it. You don’t have to stand in front of the a million people to be a girl that changes the world. Use that beautiful smile you have and make it CONTAGIOUS. Spread your inner joy without even saying a word. Or take the voice you have on paper and let people read it. Share the inspiration you have with everyone. Be fearless girl!

Is it that bossy, demanding attitude? Use it! Not to tell your little sister to clean your room, but to make things happen. Not everyone has the guts to tell a group of people to act, but you can! So do it. Commit to change, and involve the people around you in that change too. Start small, in your school, and big things will happen. Before you know it, it will spread to your community, your state, and the world. Don’t be afraid to pick up the reigns and start a revolution.

Or is it that scared, insecure shadow? Don’t be afraid to break out of your shell. God made you scared for a reason- when you finally conquer that fear, when you rise above it, you will appreciate confidence better than anyone. You won’t be afraid to use it! You don’t have to overcome it alone though. The journey has the potential to bring you closer to someone, anyone. And that bond will last a lifetime. So don’t be afraid to set out on a quest to break through the surface, through that fear. You can do it!

See, whoever you are or whatever it is that makes you who you are- it’s beautiful. See it and embrace it. Don’t be afraid to use it to empower the world. That’s what God made you for.

A letter to girls everywhere. Take this and run with it.