Does Our Generation Have a Role in America's Future?

I have a voice in America’s future. I have a constant job in America’s growing economy, a role in America’s future. I am the stock market growing or falling with the rise and decline approaching us. I am the pedestrian walking the streets of New York City. I am the future president of the United States. I am the keeper of our prisoners, the helper of the needy. I am America, and this is my role in her future. As a soldier of war I am the savior of our cities. I am the hard worker building the future to a better demand. Safer communities and safer streets meet me here. As we build up our future gets brighter. We are the next generation of growing mothers and fathers cradling our babies, protecting their innocence. I am the hope growing, continuing forward, to a more advanced future. I am the world peace with the other countries. I am the future. I am the boaters cleaning the ocean, the dangers of disease, the help for a cure, the love of a life. This is America and I am her future. From the time we were kids to the time we were in college we grew up believing and even seeing we are America’s students. I am her follower to a greener future, the planter of future life, the builder of bigger marketing, the broadened awakening of future problems waiting to be solved. I am the enforcer of the rules. I am the militia of our country. I am her savior. I am her helping hand when all we need is love. I am her warmth when she is cold. When America is in danger I will be there to save her. I am her savior and she is my home. I am the protection in the walls of her surroundings. I am the better supporters of security in homes. I am her helper. When all we need is breath I am her life support, the future reliability of modern medicine, the cause for a cure. This is America and this is my role in her future. This is my future.

msbilbo said...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 9:38 am
Great article- Love it!

RandomInspiration said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 11:21 am
Rlly good thoughts and powerful ideas, but you should've had some kind of orthodox intro and conclusion, something to tie all the broken up ideas together

gabee_pagni replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 6:50 am
It techniqally was never finished....only because after I started I learned that I wldnt be able to use it..not to mention its supposed to be like 5 minutes wrong...I ddnt really care abt making it absolute if I cldmt use it...

Missyninja said...
Very good! I loved it! Keep up the good work :)

darkangel09 said...
wow i could agree more to your essay here. nice job. sorry you couldnt use it though.

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved it! Great job, and I loved how it was optimistic and telling us that we can make the future great. I have read several articles on here about how the world is going to come to an end someday so why bother trying to make the future good. It was nspiring and more people should look at things this way. :) Great job and congrats on getting it on the front page of the Teen Ink website.

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
oh, and I know that I had a typo and spelled inspiring wrong. Oh well.

gabee_p said...
Well this essay was suppOsed to be a timed sPeeCH AND IN MY ORIGINAL BERSIONVERSION I THREW FRENCH AND SPANISH IN IT....THE REASON I CHOSE TO SAY FUTURE SO MANY TIMES IS BECAUSE I MEANT TO GET THE POINT OUT THERE THAT WE R THE FUTURE... FUR REALZ LOL

theMidnightSonnet said...
Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:38 am
Stunning. I apologize for it not meeting certain requirements, but i felt that you posting it on a teen writing site was very appropriate. It left an echoing impact on me,and I assume many others. Well done.

dylanlalala said...
Well, I think this is great! You should good insight through your writing. However, I think you overused the word "future" too much. Or rather, the phrase "America's future". For example, in the first two sentences you used it twice. Other than that, I think the writing is beautiful, though a bit confusing at time. Good work!

through_my_eyes said...
It sounds like more of a speech then an essay to me. I'm not sure if you were aiming for speech or essay :P 

springdance said...
I think my friend entered the competition you're talking about. Your essay is good, it really describes how we are the future of the world.

oasisgrace said...
Even though I don't consider myself "patriotic," your essay helped me hear what it might be like to feel that. Very inspiring. Thank you.

Fjcruiser said...
Nov. 13, 2010 at 8:32 am
I am not good at writing patriotic essays because mine always sound cheesy, so I think this essay is great. Impressed.

Chickenbutt said...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 10:01 am

HAHAHAHA!! this is not the McDonalds Blog website :P....

ASHTON IS MINE!!!!!!!! >:( ...Wait; Ashton Kutcher??

Lisa said...
Yes, isn't that the whole point? This is a form of writing, the writer knew what she was doing. She wrote wonderfully.

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Excellent! Such beautiful poetic prose. 5 stars!

mynameisbendoverXD said...
lol nice! i would copy it and hand it in but im afraid i'd have to go to washington D.C!

rockangell93 said...
This paper was put in such a simple way but proves such an amazing point, great job

APELAC said...
Oct. 17, 2010 at 10:39 am

love your article, gave a new in site on how to right my own.

Keep up the good work