Obesity | Teen Ink

Obesity

November 15, 2007
By Anonymous

Eat to live don’t live to eat everybody should keep that in mind. Obesity is a big problem in our country. We need to find a plan to lower the obesity percentage rate in the U.S. Do you even know the diseases linked with obesity? Do realize what is considered obese? But the big question is, what is the government trying to do to stop obesity?


What is considered obese? Men with more then 25% body fat are considered obese. Women with more then 30% body fat are considered obese. If you see an obese person they are normal others may perceive them as gluttonous or lazy. Because of that they may feel ugly and unattractive.


How does obesity start and what are the illnesses you get from being obese? When a person consumes more calories the he/she burns they start to become over weight. Obesity is also linked with diabetes, cancer, and liver diseases. They may also develop high cholesterol. You may also die from a heart attack.


What has the government tried to do to stop obesity? The government spent more then $1 billion this year on nutritional education. Out of those programs 57 were failures. 4 of those programs were actually a success. They also came up with a treatment for obesity, which include diet exercise, counseling, and prescription drugs and bariatric surgery.


Many men think is not bad to have a little bit of fat, but there is some people that just keep on gaining without even noticing. Some people even think that being fat is just in their genes think it’s just normal for them. There's even people that believe that they are big boned, but that’s a lie because it’s the same size bone as another person the same height. So just because you think its in the family that’s wrong, just because there over weight doesn’t mean you have to be overweight too.

This will certify that the above work is completely original."