Hope This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Pandora just couldn't stand it any longer. She had to find out what was in that box. She hurried to the table where the box stood, unlatched it and opened the lid. Out flew all the evils of the world, except one. Pandora quickly slammed the lid and latched the box, trapping the last evil inside - foreboding. Thus, she stopped the destruction of mankind, for it would have been impossible to live without hope.

This short story from ancient Greece shows how much they valued hope, which is also priceless to me. I find hope priceless because it leads to other feelings. If someone enters a contest, the hope of winning will turn into a rush of excitement. Competitiveness is another emotion brought on by hope. If someone enters a race and hopes to win, they will feel competitiveness mixing with hope.

Hope can bring surprise, too. If someone is almost certain there is no way to succeed at something, and they manage to beat the odds, their hope will burst into surprise. Hope helps people live.

Hope is a lifeline to me. If I am in a seemingly inescapable hole, I hope for the best. This hope is like a light in my mind hiding the dark so I can look on better things. Then when I make it through, and wonder how I did it, one word comes to mind: hope.

How could one live without hope? In the darkness of life's hole, you are trapped in your own fear and worries unless you have hope. It is a refuge from fear and terror, a shield that blocks your fear or thought of unlikely odds as though it were a ray of light coming from never-ending darkness.

Without hope, life would be miserable. Without hope you would lead a boring, miserable life. Hope is what leads you to interact with the world. Hope of succeeding is what leads you to go to college and get a job.

Hope helps us to live happy lives. We may not notice it, but hope is very important and truly matters.

nikkigonefishin said...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 4:30 pm:
And so it is true "If it weren't for hope the heart would break" :)

Kate. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 2, 2009 at 2:29 am:
I agree with GothicCrayons; It made me happy as well.

The point was clear and concise, not to mention inspirational. Plus...you're introduction = !!!
Way to incorporate other stories. Props to you, Jason :D

GothicCrayons said...
Feb. 28, 2009 at 2:01 pm:
Your good. This totally brought a smile to your face. Keep writing like this, and brighten up the lives of the lowly. :D