This Life

Everything in life that happens occurs for a reason . Everything in life will have its season . And each of them will happen in a rhyme . The things you experience , the emotions you feel , the love you’ve come to embrace and detest , adore and despise , losses, gains, highs, lows , they may and most likely will seem pointless and cruel when gone through . They may leave you scratching your head saying “what did I do to deserve that” ? Depending on how wise you are though , you can look at things the correct way , that everything is valuable and useful no matter how bad the pain might feel . The book of occurrences stamped on your heart make for an excellent roadmap later in life . These events shape you , they mold you to become wiser , more appreciative , stronger , better . Then there is the matter of seasons . With every loss there is a gain , as is with each passing there is life . Winter always yields to spring, spring hands over matters to summer , summer offers up to fall, and fall surrenders to winter , whereupon the endless permanent cycle of things begin again . The same is true with humans . People will come into your life for different periods of time , some may last for weeks , some for days, and that special one , the one that you will spend the rest of your life with . Different seasons will signal the ebb and flow of certain people in your life . You just got to have faith in the next day , the next person , the next season . And finally , there is the rhyme . In this subject matter , there is no advice to be given . When writing a poem , one has no boundaries , no limits , no rules . This part also has no restrictions, and is left up to you to decide . Trust in hope and let fate decide , and use those important decisions you make to navigate your life towards the sunrise , a figure that determines reasons , stays through all seasons , and who has inspired many a rhyme .

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Good essay, Elf :)

colliganc said...
This was a great piece. I loved how you stated everything happens for a reason and to always have faith in what ever comes your way. You should never look at the glass half empty, you should say its half full. You showed how you should always have faith in your self and keep moving forward. In your intro you say, " Everything in life will have its season. And each of them will happen in a rhyme." I like how you describe it as a rhyme showing it as its own tune and it will happen natur... (more »)

iheartjax replied...
Wow, thank you so much for commenting . It means alot to me that you took the time to write that all out !Thanks again :)