Too Busy | Teen Ink

Too Busy

By Eliciaaa PLATINUM, Chesnee, South Carolina
Eliciaaa PLATINUM, Chesnee, South Carolina

"Surround yourself with people that challenge how you think/
Not people that nod their head and act like they agree." - N.F

You wanna know what’s irrelevant? The term “I was too busy.” some people tend to use this as the biggest excuse or lie cover up and it’s pathetic. Being too busy honestly isn’t even an actual phase. There are a lot of reasons why people ‘insist’ on using this term and I’m gonna list a few  quick ones. Too busy to pick up the phone, it’s just funny because these are the exact people who always have their phone in their hand, Rather it’s watching videos, listening to music or better yet, on social media. No matter what type of phone you have, if you can see that Snapchat etc notification, you can’t miss a text or call and if you don’t want to talk to someone, how about say it instead of acting childish. I just don’t get it. Another reason, “I was at work.” yes I get people work but it’s not that hard to text or call someone and say “hey I’m going.” to at least let them know because eventually someone is gonna get tired of trying to figure out your daily schedule especially if you don’t make any effort after those events happen. The last one which is sort of related to the first one, “I didn’t see it.” Not every person wants to talk on social media, that’s just an extra with a phone itself where as your paying to text/call for a reason and if you’re not gonna answer your phone half the time or make excuses about it, what’s the point of having a phone? I don’t know this wasn’t a rant but it was just a thought. Some people just live with excuses and it’s over the smallest things, quit pathetic if you ask me.

I've been slacking on my writing and decided to post a random thought but in writing form etc.