A Letter to Those I've Loved | Teen Ink

A Letter to Those I've Loved

September 10, 2018
By DanteDrakien PLATINUM, Ogden, Utah
DanteDrakien PLATINUM, Ogden, Utah
20 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not go gentle in that good night, Rage rage against the dying of the light"


To whom it may concern,

Love isn't something that can be drawn out on a blank canvas, nor can it be put into words on a blank page. Love goes deeper than a mix of chemicals reacting in the body. Over the years, I've been trying to figure out what love means to me. I think now I understand what it is. Love is the feeling you get when you don't want them to leave, a feeling you get wanting the person you love to stay in your life. It's also wanting the best for the person you love, whether it be by your side or on the other side of the world. I've loved a few people myself, and I still do. No matter their flaws or their differences, they are still dear to me. If I could, I would write out all they do to make me feel this way. I would draw out a scene of how they make me feel. The people in my life are the people I love. And I'd do everything to help them see this. They saved my life several times and gave me insight on how to be a better man. So thank you.

Yours, always and forever,

Tiberius 


The author's comments:

I got an e-mail about what would be in a letter I'd write my loved ones and I thought it was a great prompt. Truth be told, the people I love inspire me on my work. I haven't written anything as of late, but I'm going to change that. Thank you for reading this and I hope it inspires you with the love in your life.