Everyone Is Equal | Teen Ink

Everyone Is Equal

November 7, 2016
By Lisawashere GOLD, Los Angeles, California
Lisawashere GOLD, Los Angeles, California
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“No race prosper till it learns there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.” I think this sentence is true and there are many examples can prove my opinion. Every one is bored to be equal. I always think that we are fair in this world,never complain that life is unfair to you.


First of all, if one born a slave in Franklin County, Virginia, and another one born in a really good situation who was educated at Hampton Institute. The people who born as a slave was not be trade like the people who have a great education background. With time passing, we can see that after the United States abolish slavery, so then American became prosper. As The Declaration of Independent said: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all en are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable right, that they are among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We hold these truths to be self-evident. Yes, in reality, all of us hardly do equal things or treated equally as we say. Nowadays, there is no different between black and white. Equality is just an idealism, but we all try hard to be treated equally. Because to every man, equal rights are the key to heaven and the same key opens the gate of hell. So, it's our human being who decide the right or wrong. We are engaged in this controversial issue, and we are tested whether could insist our beliefs.


Here is another example: On a plane to New York, a wealthy white woman was scheduled to sit next to a black. She was glower to the black, and the black responded with a smile. White woman lost his temper and said that she can't endure to sit with a black anymore. The airline stewardess came back in a few minutes and said that the economy class have no vacant for her, but there is a vacancy in first class. And she have the special permission of the captain, because he thought that the passenger should not be with a nasty man. Then the airline stewardess turn to the black and invited him to first class. Immediately passengers applauded for that good behavior. We can see in this story that whether a people rich or poor, educated or miseducated, should be traded as same one.


All in all, most of countries in the world trade the person who tilling the field as the person who writing a poem. Whatever his job and their race is, people should have their own dignity.