I Am Not, but...

I am not a vegetarian. I never have been, and I probably never will be. That doesn’t mean that I don’t believe that animals should not be treated inhumanely. That doesn’t mean that I don’t believe that animals have rights too.
I am not an atheist. I have a religion. That doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in science. That doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in facts that have been proven.

I am not a racist person. I have never seen someone’s skin color as more than something that makes them unique. That doesn’t mean that I am ignorant to the racial inequality around me. That doesn’t mean that I can’t hear the racist comments that are said every day.

I am not a misandrist. I do not, and never will, hate men. That doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in women having equal rights. That doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in gender equality around the world.

I am not gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender. That does not mean that I don’t think that gay, lesbian, transgender, or bisexual people don’t deserve equality and rights. That does not mean that I don’t believe that anyone who is gay, lesbian, transgender, or bisexual deserves to go out in public and not be humiliated for their choices.

I believe in equality, fairness, fact, rights, kindness, and peace. Having one belief does not restrict me from having another. I can believe in what I want without purposely disrespecting anybody else. I can fight for what I believe is right without hurting anyone else.

Believing in one thing doesn’t mean hating another and I don’t know why we all think it does.