Nationalism | Teen Ink

Nationalism

By CaptainBirch BRONZE, Mill Spring, North Carolina
CaptainBirch BRONZE, Mill Spring, North Carolina

Lost in the grand venture of the world we no longer posses such a quality as, nationalism. Something that has made wars, fought tyranny, brought people together and destroyed people by the masses. Something that let’s a person know that their pride is not misplaced, that when they have been abandoned by everything else they have their nation to led them in the correct direction.

America was once filled with this. This thing of conflicting emotions liberated us from Britain and forced us into things we had no business being in. However, much like how in old age a person will lose a funny quality, America has lost its sense of pride. We no longer fly red, white and blue proudly at our capital we now fly a hog posh and rainbow of different things that divide us.

America no longer has the pride and stability to be self sufficient. Now we rely on help from others so that we could easily be taken down by a sudden stop of imports. America no longer has a sense of nationalism and I fear America will no longer be a nation.

We had a chance to bring this country up to the greats of greats and we threw it away so groups of minoritys could over run it. Say good bye to your country soon it will be pinned against itself.