Born Gay | Teen Ink

Born Gay

By QUEENRENE16 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
QUEENRENE16 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

" I believe there is only one God called by many names" Kk Whitley

Scientist have not discovering that homosexual are born with a  gay gene or born gay. Homosexual people can’t be fixed. Homosexual people choose to like the same sex. the most common mistake is that homosexual people are wired completely differently than heterosexual people are. Sexual orientation is not determined at birth because sexual orientation is a choice not something you know as a newborn, homosexual people are not wired or genetically made different then heterosexual, bisexual, or transgender people, lastly your a child you have no idea what you like till puberty.

Sexual orientation is a choice homosexual people that are no longer homosexual thought at a time in their life people like them were “born gay” In real life science has yet to prove you can be born with a gene or defect that makes them gay. By using the comment born gay or you have a gay gene is rude and discriminating. “Sexual orientation is a matter of self affirmation and public declaration. ‘Gay’ is a self chosen identity”(Camille Paglia, PhD - Born Gay? - Pro...) Liking the  same sex is a choice you have as an american. Having your choice in the prefered sex does not make you an alien.(Michael Brown, PhD - Born Gay? - ProC...)  

Homosexaul people aren’t genetically wired diffrently then other people they have the same body parts gender wise. “Sexual orientations are specific to our culture, and thus not basic human nature. In tech-speak, that means being gay is in the software of some people’s lives, but it’s in nobody’s hardware." (Gay historians say). Most people see gay as something you have always been or born that way other than something you developed. Being homosexaul is not something you can possibly be fresh out the womb born with you develop your feelings for a prefered sex.“Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX) - Born Gay? - ProCon.org.” N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Jan. 2016.

Mostly when a new mother walks in the hospital they are not going to ask a doctor “What gender will my child prefer.” That is not even halfway logical for some to ask that question they could have an opinion but no facts. "The animal kingdom is no place for man to seek a blueprint for human morality...The fact that man has a body and sensitive life in common with animals does not mean he is strictly an animal. Nor does it mean that he is a half-animal. Man's rationality pervades the wholeness of his nature so that his sensations, instincts and impulses are not purely animal but have that seal of rationality which characterizes them as human." When we are born we are oblivious to most things that happen in the world we think it is all rainbows and ponies and that is not. Therefore, there for that reason when we are born are parents can’t be told rather their newborn baby is homosexaul, bisexaul or heterosexaul. National Association for Research and...)

Many people disagree with the fact that homosexaul people are born that way and have no choice is the gender they like."What we do with our attractions and how we perform them is a choice. I chose to come out of the closet. I choose to have sex with men. I choose to rarely go to gay bars. And so on and so forth. But I didn't choose to be gay.In fact, I tried my damnedest to not be gay. There is really no way for me to explain how badly it sucked to grow up queer in small-town Wisconsin in the '80s. If I could have chosen to be straight, I would have. And I did try. I spent my study hall periods in ninth grade writing letters to God asking him to make me straight. I spent my nights lying awake, trying with every ounce of my being to convince Jesus to materialize at the foot of my twin bed and take my sick queer desires into his sacred pink heart, where they'd be vanquished and I could finally date a cheerleader and be just like every other guy in my school. When, after I'd been trying for months, it didn't happen, I spent the rest of my freshmen year considering the different ways I could kill myself…” Homosexal people sre a scientfically proven that they are not  even possible for them to be born gay.  NO gay people have tryed to be heterosexaul and they didn’t like it. Therefore by using the word “like” you make it an opinion not a fact so your claim is pointless. This person had  choice they chooses to be with the same se which is their choice.  no they dated the opposite sex and almost married  this person and couldn’t do it they had a strong attraction to the same sex instead of their fiance. They had a choice and they chose to be with that other person and not their ex-fiance`.(“Noah Michelson, MFA - Born Gay? - ProCon.org”)(David Benkof, MA - Born Gay? - ProCon...;

Choosing to be with the same sex is not a genetic default, or something you are just naturally born with. People are not born naturally gay they have a choice and their choice was homosexauality. In the future i hope people learn to love people for who they are and not what they are. I also hope that  every man is literally  treated equal.

on Jan. 14 2016 at 7:25 pm
Izamaniac BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia

"It's no use going back to yesterday, I was different then."-Alice in Wonderland
"I can do all things through Christ when he strengthens me."-Philipians 4:13

Well written, I agree.