Gay Satire | Teen Ink

Gay Satire

By kaira SILVER, Boise, Idaho
kaira SILVER, Boise, Idaho

To be wise, think of something stupid to say, then, don't say it. -E. Roosevelt

Fellow Americans, we have come across the biggest issue since blacks were given rights: gay rights. Could you think of anything more un-American? Who in their right minds would give gays actual human rights? They aren’t human. There’s nothing human about what they do. It’s barbaric and disgusting. I understand an immediate execution of all these people would be a long and tiring process, but not giving them rights is a nice, easy start.

You might say “what about their God-given rights?”. Well I say what rights? God wouldn’t give rights to the homos, not the God I know and trust. Not the God that died on the cross to allow straight, white men the right to vote and own firearms.

I heard once of this huge restaurant chain that donated money to a foundation against gay marriage. I ate there every day after I heard this. It seemed too good to be true when I heard that this foundation also is one of the foundations that beat gays black and blue outside bars. Let me just take this moment to say that I could use the sign that I hold up at feminist rallies where they talk about women getting raped when I see gays suing for getting beat up. I would like to stand outside of that courthouse or statehouse and hold up my sign that says “You asked for it.” And they did. Homosexuality is a crime and they should be punished for it. I have never personally taken part in beating up a gay, but it seems like something that would really get my blood pumping.

One day I went to church with my cousin and her family. I thought the service was a bit boring, but then the fun started with a play put on by some of the more dedicated members of the church. There was a demon and a witch and a gay. The gay was a teacher and he was spreading his homosexual disease among his students, so the school dismissed him and the devil inside him and saved the school!

Gays shouldn’t be allowed to participate in our communities. Did you know some of them even go to our churches? OUR CHURCHES! A sacred place where we come to wish them the demons of unnatural lust that live inside them gone. They should burst into flames right as they walk through the hallowed doors, but why don’t they? I guess God pities us for having them in our church by not making a scene in front of the small children.

Speaking of children, gay children exist! They have obviously been poisoned by the homosexual teachings of their sinner parents. These children are victims of being born to the wrong people and should be helped to get rid of their homosexuality. But until these children are cured, they shouldn’t be allowed around other children because they could contract the gay.

I think that while we’re getting rid of gays’ rights we should take the opportunity to get rid of the rights of blacks and Mexicans and Jews too. We should take away the so-called-human rights of every single person who isn’t a straight, white, male. They don’t deserve it. After all, straight, white men are the superior species. Let’s go back to a simpler time where women were property and gays were sent to mental hospitals to be cured; a time where blacks were slaves and any woman adulterer was a witch and burned at the stake. It was a better time, and a time when things made sense. All of this girls-like-girls and boys-like-boys and boys dressing like girls and girls getting penises attached to their bodies is nonsense. It’s confusing and different and shouldn’t be allowed in this pure country.

For those that don't know what a satire is: the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

****SO these are not my actual opinions****

In English we were assigned to write either a satire or a "modest" proposal. I wrote several but this is the one I turned in because it is such a huge topic world wide at the moment. It matters to me especially because of Add the Words, Idaho (ATW) is a non-profit, all volunteer organization fighting for basic human rights in Idaho.

ATW works to amend the existing Idaho Human Rights Act (IHRA) to simply add the words "sexual orientation" and "gender identity".

Now that the courts have ruled in favor of marriage equality on constitutional grounds, amending the IHRA becomes even more important. When gay couples show up at work with their wedding rings they need to know they are valued and respected for the work they do without fear of being fired for something totally unrelated to their work.

The 2015 legislative session will be the 9th session we attempt to bring this type of equality to Idaho. Every legislative session we have been denied a hearing where we can share our powerful stories of discrimination and move closer to Adding the Words. This session we have the momentum of the entire state and the entire country with us. This year we want our legislators to listen and to Add the Words!