Normal Abnormality | Teen Ink

Normal Abnormality

April 10, 2014
By Joey-Dreamer SILVER, Sacramento, California
Joey-Dreamer SILVER, Sacramento, California
7 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.


Someone at school asked me why I dressed like this, what im trying to prove and why won't I just be normal.

So I simply said this: "I was "Normal" once. But your statue of expectations and requirements to "fit in" made me depressed. I hated it. I never felt good enough. So one day I just decided yo quit trying. I listened to the music I wanted to listen to. I dressed the way I thought looked good. I talk and act how I feel is appropriate. I don't have to try and be anything im not to live up to what society and its stupid population think I should be. I don't feel compelled to buy certain things or listen to certain music. What YOU call normal, I call fake. Because normality is fake. Nobody is truly "normal". And you know what? I may be different than you. I may not look like you or dress like you. But I've never been happier in my life. And im never going back to what you call "normal". Because THAT, is what I as a person chose to do."

She was speechless for a second, then just mean mugged me and walked back to her group of friends.


The author's comments:
Not everyone who is different, is DIFFERENT.