judged birth | Teen Ink

judged birth

By maria cruz BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
maria cruz BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Growing up in a town which name is Pachuquilla near to the big city Toluca, Mexico was a horrible experience or more than that. Am not saying it was horrible because it was a poor town or because there are 10 of us who make the town. Living with mom and dad, and 12 siblings from the same parents was not easy at all. I don’t mean that we suffer of hunger or that we didn’t get a long because we fought all the time. When you see that your mom or dad are getting pointed by them brothers and sisters and that their moms dislikes them it’s a despondent feeling that words can really explain. They always were judge by them and the people. I guess everyone has the same type of problems.

When my mom and dad got married and decide to have their own family were the real problems started. At least that's what my mom told me. When they have my first sister problems were getting vocal offensive. My uncles and aunts dislike them so much. I never knew the real problems I was too young. My mom told me it was because my dad was a better worker then his siblings and they thought the land my grandma had was giving all to him. When we all born and we grew up. We all knew what was going on our family. My family is disheartening, I think every family has their own problems but mine got over the limit. I cannot understand why same blood hates to each other. I though family was your friend the one who will help you, if trouble was next to your corner, but becoming your enemy was not what a real family was, or at least that my opinion.

Since we were having so many problems and things were getting bad we decide to move to the U.S.A. I think most of the people move because they want to have more opportunities not because family problems. At first I thought it was a good idea, but when we had to cross the border it was kind of hard. Am glad I have my Green card now, it matters a lot to any person who lives in the U.S.A, almost anything I want to do I need it. I thought U.S.A was on the edge were you can see houses but just trees. But I think it wasn’t the hardest thing to do, living everything behind was. I used to tending goats, there were around 70 of them. So I actually miss that till today. That was my childhood. I didn’t really have many friends because of the same reason they thought I had slices. Being a poor person doesn’t mean you have slices. In society they judge you just by your looks, so I don’t blame them. Everything sounds so weird now, but I wish it were just weird and not true.

In June 4, 2007, that was the year I arrive to the U.S.A. A whole knew experience to my family and me. School was over in U.S.A, so I got to spend the hot summer. This wasn’t so excited. So the summer went by, I dint do much. There wasn’t really much to do when you came to a place and not knowing anybody. So school was about to start. I was happy I still remembered my face and the clothes I wore black and white. So I was waiting for my bus #24, I had never ride a bus before. So there was me getting to school. We got into the enormous school, why enormous because in Mexico were 2 rooms and a bathroom and that was a school. I got lost, but then I got to my classroom. My classmates turn into my enemies. For no reason they didn’t like me at all. The teacher was speaking in Chinese because I didn’t understand him not even a word. I did not know English by the time. Today I still struggle. So, I let the day to go by hoping to get better after all the excitement I had. I was in lunch when this girl came closer to me. I was happy at first because I thought I had a friend. But minutes later she told me “why you don’t go back to Mexico, you don’t even know English”. Well I guess that was like a welcome to America. The girl was Mexican, so my own race doesn’t want me in U.S.A., but it’s cool. I did not say a word I kept quit. Finally the day end and I went home. I didn’t tell anyone about my first day of school.

Life is hard it all depends how much effort you put to smile. Coming to a different country and learning a different language, culture, ideas and traditions are hard to deal with. Even more when you know you have been judge since forever I have memory. Since I was little I always remember that people say “everyone is equal”. In reality in society’s face we are not. We all judge to each other, would it be better if we accepted.