Success | Teen Ink

Success

November 2, 2013
By Zeeshan BRONZE, Karachi, Other
Zeeshan BRONZE, Karachi, Other
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Inspiration exists, but it must find you working." - Pablo Picasso


Success is a result of true commitment, hard work and tedious efforts. It is the achievement of an objective or goal for which one had strived hard. It is an antonym of failure and represents great enthusiasm. However both failure and success are deeply interlinked, as it is failure which encourages a person to toil hard and eventually be triumphant in the end. Winston Churchill once said, “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm”.

It has to be kept in mind that success never comes to a person itself; rather the person has to trail it. Success is the reward of one’s hard work. It makes the person elated as he finally achieves what he had worked so hard for. Self-confidence is part and parcel to achieve success. One needs to have complete trust on himself to invade the grounds of success. Not only does it give people a reason to become cheerful, but it also makes them excited. The trail of success can be very exhilarating as people get to learn new things and also meet and get socialized with other people.

Apart from this, success also awards people with fame and accolades from others. Example of Bill Gates is worth mentioning here. Kudos to this top brass that he created Microsoft and now his success is applauded all around the world. Success awards people with tangible prizes as well. These include trophies, certificates, medals or shields. These prizes can also be in the form of cash.

The dull side of success is that it can give rise to many murky feelings in the hearts of others. One of these feelings is of jealousy. Many people cannot endure the popularity of others due to their success. Hence these people become envious of them and often start criticizing them. Not only this, but success also leads to feelings of hatred being created. This again happens due to the popularity of successful people. Acrimony is created between the two persons. This could even prove to be fatal for the more popular person as steps could be made to eradicate his success.

Rather than hating or criticizing others, people should try to compete and be equally famous. In the long trek, they will have to face failure as well, but that is how success is eventually achieved. They should inscribe these words on their minds, “You may be disappointed if you fail; but you are doomed if you don’t try”.