"American Daily"

With family I am a friend. Walking down the street, I am white. To me color is color. It does not change your heart. In our society, everything is divided: By color, religion, ethnicity's, countries, how we speak, and how we dress. Our lives are restricted around judgment.

If like me, I was told “don't judge a book by a cover”. Well my title is Free in a Dungeon written by society. You are not who you say you are, you are not who you want to be. We are society's image on the front page of “American Daily”. Its white against black, black against white, and Mexicans against the world. We are Americans.

When looking at this “magazine” we call “life” you begin to notice everyone is the same. We all have a mind, eyes, a mouth, and lastly, a heart. To me being black, just means you have a really nice dark tan. Being white means you should get out in the sun more and being a Mexican is just a nice in-between. We are a rainbow of people. Why can't we enjoy who we are?

Camii said...
it's good!  i like the message!(:

Aria.ElaborateSolo replied...

in the quote, i think there was a typo"in which i black" 

i like the the world against mexicans

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked it and totally agree! It's well writin aswel, good job! :) re

Raytheraym said...
Nicely done! Very meaningful.

.Izzy. said...
This piece has a lot of meaning and is very true! Why can't we enjoy who we are? I was thinking maybe there should be more detail, like a personal experience. But hey, quantity doesn't necessarly mean quality

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this piece is fairly good, you had a nice voice throughout it. its a bit short, but that doesn't been its a bad thing. i only found a few grammatical errors, but other than that, its fine. keep up the good work!

magnesart said...

Nicely done -- it's unfortunate that this is still such a big issue in the States.

There are some errors in subject-verb agreement, and also quite a few comma splices ("To me being black, just means you have a really nice dark tan" for example). Try to go over it again and correct a bit of the grammar.

However, you're off to a good start. I think it'd be interesting if you elaborated even more on why your book title would be Free in a Dungeon!

i like it, deep and meaningful, i like how its writtin, good job!! :)

Sammiekay replied...
thank you!!