Don't Call Me Emo | Teen Ink

Don't Call Me Emo

November 25, 2010
By slasher88 SILVER, Weirton, West Virginia
slasher88 SILVER, Weirton, West Virginia
5 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
People fear what they don't understand.


Ok,so to get to the point. I listen to types of music such as Death Metal and Black Metal, and sometimes people get the impression that because I listen to that kind of music, they label me as 'emo' or 'goth'. First, lets get one thing straight, just because you listen to death metal or black metal, doesnt mean im emo or goth. Funny thing is, the only thing these people know of how to catagorize emos and goths are "someone who wears black clothes, cuts themselves, and listens to weird music". Ok, you fail at life for thinking that, because its completely wrong. If you were to even catagorize me, I would be a 'metalhead. From what I can tell, most emo and goth people dont even listen to death metal or black metal like metalheads do, they tend to listen to bands like BVB, escape the fate, etc. Black metal and death metal are 2 very different music types than those bands. So before you go about calling people emo or goth, do your homework and make sure you actually know what they are and the differences between styles, idiots.