Don't Call Me Emo | Teen Ink

Don't Call Me Emo

By slasher88 SILVER, Weirton, West Virginia
slasher88 SILVER, Weirton, West Virginia

People fear what they don't understand.

Ok,so to get to the point. I listen to types of music such as Death Metal and Black Metal, and sometimes people get the impression that because I listen to that kind of music, they label me as 'emo' or 'goth'. First, lets get one thing straight, just because you listen to death metal or black metal, doesnt mean im emo or goth. Funny thing is, the only thing these people know of how to catagorize emos and goths are "someone who wears black clothes, cuts themselves, and listens to weird music". Ok, you fail at life for thinking that, because its completely wrong. If you were to even catagorize me, I would be a 'metalhead. From what I can tell, most emo and goth people dont even listen to death metal or black metal like metalheads do, they tend to listen to bands like BVB, escape the fate, etc. Black metal and death metal are 2 very different music types than those bands. So before you go about calling people emo or goth, do your homework and make sure you actually know what they are and the differences between styles, idiots.

on Apr. 4 2014 at 9:01 pm
BringMeThePiercedSiren PLATINUM, Fairfax, Virginia

"There's nothing like a sore stomach from laughing for all the right reasons."-Perks of Being a Wallflower

ohmygosh thank you so much for saying this. i am personally so glad someone FINALLY SAID THIS. I'm a 14 year old social girl who likes cheerleading and boarding but i listen to a crazy mix of lana del rey, pierce the veil, blink 182, bring me the horizon, atlas genius, the naked and famous, arsonists get all the girls, lily allen, dubstep, and mgk.

Ms.Dior SILVER said...
on Dec. 14 2010 at 8:01 am
Ms.Dior SILVER, Tamarac, Florida
True. Someone who understands!!

on Dec. 9 2010 at 1:13 pm
MiaMonster BRONZE, Los Alamos, New Mexico

"I often wonder if life is easier for other people, or they're just better at faking it." -Unknown

totally agree. i listen to five finger death punch, bullet, escape the fate ect. and wear dark clothing and get labled. but then again people that listen to owl city and nevershoutnever and all that might not all be preps either. :)

on Dec. 6 2010 at 7:36 pm
BlackKittie SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

hey!someone in this world is sane!THANK YOU!

ps....lables are for people whos heads are too small to accept that everyone is an individual...even cheerleaders lol