Discrimination | Teen Ink

Discrimination

December 12, 2007
By Anonymous

Discrimination is when a person treats another unfairly because of their race, religion, age, gender, disability, and/or nationality. There are many causes of this. The effects can be devastating.

One cause is Man’s hatred and fear. He is scared of strange people and hates them because of this. He wants to murder that strange person. He feels that by doing this, he can live happy to know that he has defeated his enemy. But in reality, he only makes the planet even worse.

Another cause is Man’s jealousy. He is jealous of another’s special technique. He will bully that person and make him feel worthless. Doing this, he feels that he has made himself look better. But in reality, he just makes a fool out of himself.

A final cause is cultural difference. Man hates a person who has a different religion or belief than he does. He will do numerous crimes to try to correct that person’s error evening if it means murder. Doing this, Man feels that he has correct the wrong. But in reality, he is the one who has done wrong.

In conclusion, discrimination is wrong. It hurts people. It causes segregation. It makes the world the worse place to live in. It could even destroy the world.