Discrimination This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Everyone in the world is different, whether it's the texture of one's skin or the content of character. People need to stop judging and start loving each other.

Discrimination is when you have been pre-judged and dealt with in an unfair way. There are many ways this can happen. For example, you can be discriminated against because of your age, race, color, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability or religion.

When my mother and her Caucasian friend went on a business trip they stopped at a hotel. After they checked in separately, my mother complained to her friend about the high cost of the room. She felt $75 was too much. Her friend said that she had only paid $50. The rooms were the same.

They went to the main desk to see if there was a problem. The lady there was speechless because she'd had no idea they were together. In a well-mannered way, my mother and her friend asked for their money back and left. As Martin Luther King said, "The good neighbor looks beyond the external accidents and discerns those inner qualities that make all men human, and therefore, brothers."

I am sure you have been discriminated against, and have witnessed or known someone who has been, too. Discrimination is wrong and we all have rights.