Feedback on It Matters How You Got There | Teen Ink

Feedback on It Matters How You Got There

April 24, 2018
By thehappyproductionz BRONZE, New York, New York
thehappyproductionz BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Reading “It Matters How You Got There” by Sofia A. immediately inspired me to do my tasks ahead of time and to change my mindset towards procrastination. Her situation was extremely relatable to mine, and I managed to make a schedule for myself and set my priorities straight. Sofia’s conversation with her father reminded me that I needed to put what’s important first and then enjoy your success after. I highly recommend her article to anyone struggling with grades and suffering lack of motivation due to procrastination.

    

Raised from a strict family, I was to always told to follow-no, exceed- educational expectations. This was carried throughout middle school and would definitely for highschool. However, as the years went by, maintaining my high average became painstakingly difficult for me due to procrastination. Slowly, my grades dropped, little by little. This later affected me when my highschool results came out and I was not satisfied at all. I realized that these habits were to only worsen if I did not stop now. After reading Sofia’s piece, I had created a little plan for myself and hopefully stick to it for a more convenient lifestyle. After all, “Motivation can easily become a habit if you repeat a routine that helps you avoid procrastination.”