Feedback on The #Me Too Bandwagon | Teen Ink

Feedback on The #Me Too Bandwagon

December 13, 2017
By SabinaZ SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
SabinaZ SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

   The point of view article The #Me Too Bandwagon by Ava B had many great points and defended sexual assault victims. Ava had also spoke out and said that she was sexually assaulted, which takes a lot of courage to say. If a sexually assaulted person were to read this article than they would feel like they are not alone, and that they should not be alone. Ava B considered both men and women who were assaulted, and also included examples of some rapists This is a strong topic and Ava B covered it completely. She also wrote directly to the reader saying that if we hear anything about sexual assault then we should speak out for the people that can’t. She made everybody feel included and included everybody into her writing. Ava explained that anybody can be assaulted but in order to prevent it we have to speak out.

    The #Me Too Bandwagon article was written well, and described many events. I liked most that Ava brought in statistics into her article about how many people are victims to sexual assault. When I read the paragraph with the statistics I was very surprised, I did not know that “12 percent of transgender or gender non-conforming respondents in grades K-12 reported experiencing sexual violence in their lifetime,” and probably so didn't you. Ava’s writing opens up to the reader the horrible things that are happening and not only to one gender. People assume that boys cannot be sexually assaulted but Ava proved this wrong by her statistics. Sexually assaulted people who read this article will feel like they are not alone and that they should not be alone, which is completely true.