Feedback on Verbal Harassment | Teen Ink

Feedback on Verbal Harassment

By Lucy_RK GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Lucy_RK GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

I give the highest praise to Isabella Winkler, author of “Verbal Harassment.” The story is about how some boys treat girls. It talks about tough issues that people don’t usually enjoy talking about. I loved this story because it uses personal experiences to expose the world to this inappropriate behavior.

One line that caught me in this story was, “I wanted to know why they did it and why I felt too afraid to respond.” It stuck with me because it showed how scary words can be. People can now see how the simplest of words can be very powerful.

There are more reasons why I was intrigued by this story, but a big one is that I can relate. When I was 12, I, too, was verbally harassed. I remember how scared I was, especially after it happened. If this was happening to me now, what would my future hold?

Isabella, I am so glad that you wrote this story. Even though it must have been difficult to write, it was also important to do so. For anyone who hasn’t read it yet, I encourage you to find it and start reading.

Dee LK said...
on Sep. 26 2017 at 11:03 pm
To the talented, amazing, gracious and lovely little lady Miss L...
You have, since the day years n years ago when I had the honor and pleasure of meeting you, (and your amazing brother), have always struck me as one of the most prescious, rare, and so appreciated kind, empathetic, loving, wise, and lovely human beings in this world (and in my life) that I've EVER had the honor and pleasure to have met and gotten to know and spend any time with. Total honesty. You are amazing and an inspiration and a force to be reckoned with. KNOW THAT!

on Sep. 26 2017 at 9:22 pm
alyssa0401 PLATINUM, Staten Island, New York

"In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take."

Beautiful article, Lucy!