Feedback on Verbal Harassment | Teen Ink

Feedback on Verbal Harassment

September 18, 2017
By Lucy_RK GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Lucy_RK GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
13 articles 1 photo 13 comments

I give the highest praise to Isabella Winkler, author of “Verbal Harassment.” The story is about how some boys treat girls. It talks about tough issues that people don’t usually enjoy talking about. I loved this story because it uses personal experiences to expose the world to this inappropriate behavior.

One line that caught me in this story was, “I wanted to know why they did it and why I felt too afraid to respond.” It stuck with me because it showed how scary words can be. People can now see how the simplest of words can be very powerful.

There are more reasons why I was intrigued by this story, but a big one is that I can relate. When I was 12, I, too, was verbally harassed. I remember how scared I was, especially after it happened. If this was happening to me now, what would my future hold?

Isabella, I am so glad that you wrote this story. Even though it must have been difficult to write, it was also important to do so. For anyone who hasn’t read it yet, I encourage you to find it and start reading.