Women In Carriages | Teen Ink

Women In Carriages

By Clarinet_God SILVER, Phoenix , Arizona
Clarinet_God SILVER, Phoenix , Arizona

"Wome in Carriages," a short work written by Caroline Ullem, unchained my imagnination, pulling me into a fictional world of the past. As I read through eah paragraph, colourful imagery jumped off the pages, revealing symbolic elements relating to our world. Although the setting is quite different from the circumstances of many problems people face today, the universal theme remains strong and untouched, allowing me to connect with the meaning of the story. This particular theme addresses how many people view what other people have, luxury, more possessions, and forget to be thankful for what they have. Poeple, as I, who have done extensive reading of books such as the works of Jane Auesten or Charles Dickens that circulate around this particular setting, are able to really appreciate the imagery that the author is portraying, and the problems associated with the society. One thing many people who dont read, dont understand the positive, and overwhelming feeling it is to read a wonderful story, and this author captures that. I thank you, for turley understanding the power that books and story have to pass on important messages and themes.