Good-Bye, Teen Ink This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

On a particularly boring day in 2012, I decided to Google “teen, writing, publish.” Several links appeared, but one caught my eye: “Teen Ink: A teen literary magazine.”
The website was vibrant with articles and artwork; some even had a brilliant shining medal next to them meaning they were the best of the best. It was a little intimidating, but I decided to submit a poem and a story.

Later, I found out the story had been rejected, but the poem had been published! I was dumbfounded. They chose to publish me? Sure enough, the yellow “MAG” tag shined right beside my poem. Extremely pleased, I submitted more articles and spent more time on the website.

The TI forums – one of the best places for teens to hang out on the Internet – became my online home. Teens talked about things from the newest novel-turned-movie, to the subjectivity of truth, to the futility of existence. I made dear friends and spent years in the threads.

So here I am – 57 months, 1 day, 16 hours, 39 minutes and 51 seconds later (says the TI counter), aging out of Teen Ink and saying good-bye. I will miss the way Teen Ink made me feel like I belonged, but I will always cherish it.

I wish you all, my readers and Teen Ink, the very best for the future.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 7 at 3:36 am
Oh no! I'll miss you tons. I guess my time on Teen Ink is also wrapping up as I approach my 20th birthday, but it breaks my heart to think you won't be writing here and I won't be reading your writing anymore. Thanks for the beautiful writing and thoughtful comments on my work through the years (even though I completely disappeared at some point). You've inspired me more than you can know!

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 18 at 9:00 pm
Having a reader as great as you was a huge reason why teen ink was so special. I couldn't thank you enough. If you ever start a blog, please leave a link. I don't want this to be the last conversation we have. Stay happy. Thank you!

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 21 at 12:15 am
Aw! <3 Let's do our best to keep in touch at least occasionally in comments! I'd likewise love to read more of your writing!