Kick Like a Girl | Teen Ink

Kick Like a Girl MAG

By BrittonW BRONZE, Alvord, Texas
BrittonW BRONZE, Alvord, Texas

They said that she couldn’t do it. They doubted her from the start, but she proved them wrong. Savannah had been playing sports all her life, but she never imagined being the star kicker on her school’s varsity football team. Savannah’s father and grandfather had both been kickers when they were younger, so her father said, “She’s kind of a third-generation kicker.”

Savannah is a magnificent kicker, and she achieved this by working hard. Her coach said, “She carries her own load.” Savannah does everything on the field, from kicking game-winning field goals to throwing herself into a dangerous pile of teenage boys. These are just a few things this terrific role model has done. She knows that she can do much more than she has accomplished, but first she has to keep working hard with an excellent attitude.

“Kick Like a Girl” by Sumona Gupta changed how I approach life. This article was relatable for so many because sometimes people think you are powerless and you can do nothing, but you just have to keep chugging along and eventually you will make it to your destination. That is exactly what Savannah shows in this article about hope and courage.

I responded to this article because it is very inspiring and it truly reveals some lessons about life.