Morning Glories | Teen Ink

Morning Glories

By E_ppanda GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
E_ppanda GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

This year is the last I'll spend in junior high. I learned a lot especially a lesson about trust and lies. I trust my teachers the most. That's the most important thing between a teacher and a student.
The poem,"Morning Glories," relates to this year a lot. I make promises and I try my best to keep them. One teacher in particular makes promises but the question is do they really try to keep it. I question it a lot. In the poem, Talitha states,"Don't make promises you don't intend to keep a promise digs a hole and plants itself in a heart like a flower, a morning glory, deep Don't be responsible for uprooting somebody's dreams." I feel that way. When this teacher makes promises to me, they aren't always brought out. When the promise is broken, it makes me feel upset but I don't tell them. I wish promises were brought out because they stick to me for life. It hurts everytime the promise is broken.
Talitha is right. Promises do go to heart and they grow into a further trust. When they are broken, it makes me want to not trust certain people and it destroys a certain aspect of me.

I trust my teachers the most. That's the most important thing between a teacher and a student.