Feedback on Hijab | Teen Ink

Feedback on Hijab MAG

April 10, 2016
By mustafahayder2002 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
mustafahayder2002 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm not perfect; no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. I think you try to learn from those mistakes."




















~Derek Jeter


In the piece, "Hijab" by Aribah A. explains the stereotypes that she felt while wearing the hijab. She also explains some misconceptions that people had about her hijab, like "hijabis are quiet and traditional" and "women who wear hijab are oppressed and are forced to wear it." She gives an example of when a woman called her a terrorist because of her hijab. Near the end, Aribah suggests that the world should stop stereotyping and that we must be more careful about what we say and to whom we say it to. 

This piece is one that I personally enjoyed and I liked what it stood for. I am a Muslim as well. My sisters wear hijabs as well. Luckily, they've never been verbally or physically abused because of this, but some people call me names because of my religion. I am like Aribah and just ignore them. Aribah's stance is correct. This society should just stop stereotyping on different religions and live in unity.