My Medicated Self | Teen Ink

My Medicated Self

February 5, 2016
By MorganWeisenburger SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
MorganWeisenburger SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“My Medicated Self” by Noelle H. is about a young girl of seven years old finds out she has a disorder called ADHD. Most people would not consider this as a disorder but as a person that personal struggles with this I can back up the claim that it is one. Noelle explains in this article that she is worth more than just a pill in a clear orange bottle. The way she acts, she cannot control. And her outbursts and comments cannot be controlled either. As the article progresses she claims “Myself. The person I was at six, the dumb child who got in trouble for forgetting to do the other side of the test, the one who would get up rom her chair in class because she couldn’t stand the notion of still.” This is explains one of the current struggles people have when they suffer from this pestering disorder. I appreciate Noelle for writing this to get the readers attention that having AHDH is more than just not sitting still and not paying attention. I appreciate the overall structure of this and in my opinion I believe this would be one of the best articles written.