Feedback on Coming Home to the Hospital | Teen Ink

Feedback on Coming Home to the Hospital

By rebeccaaaa GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
rebeccaaaa GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

Imagine yourself walking through the hallways of a hospital, hearing the sounds of the beeping heart monitor or the cries of suffering loved ones. The author of the piece, Caroline Pease, had to deal with this, after discovering her loving mother had brain cancer. From personal experience, I could feel the authors pain as many people in my family died from cancer. "All I have of my mom is memory," Caroline shares. It is hard to look at someone you love suffer so much and it is even harder to grieve after they pass away. This story was beautifully written, and clearly displayed how much Caroline's mother meant to her and will continue to mean to her although she isn't present anymore. 

As much as the topic is not very pleasing, Caroline really did a great job writing this piece. Although many readers may not have had someone die of cancer in their immediate family, the article made it feel like it was you who was experiencing this first hand. Caroline really wrote as if she was taking the reader along for the ride with her as she went through this tragic time in her life.