I Hate Truth or Dare | Teen Ink

I Hate Truth or Dare

February 4, 2016
By emily.fackler SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
emily.fackler SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In “I Hate Truth or Dare” by Nathalie C., she explains the one reason why she hates playing truth or dare. “Afraid of one particular question, one innocent inquiry that has the annoying habit of popping up every time: Who do you like?” Nathalie proclaims. She goes on and explains that she doesn’t like the question because she was asked the same question over and over, but she always gave the same response: “No one.” This frustrated Nathalie because no one would ever believe that she wasn’t attracted to anyone. “I thought something was wrong with me, that I must be somehow broken,” she states. Then Nathalie goes on to explain how she “discovered there were others just like [her], who just didn’t feel attraction.”


I enjoyed reading “I Hate Truth or Dare” because I felt the same way Nathalie did, not too long ago. My friends would always ask me whom I liked, but I never had feelings for anyone. They thought that I was lying just because my friends either already had a boyfriend or just had a crush on someone. I too was frustrated with this until I found others who were just like me too.