Rejection This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Everyone knows what it’s like to be rejected. It starts on the playground and follows you through life. It’s the feeling you get being picked last in gym class, not getting called back for that dream job, or being scoffed at by the object of your affection. Rejection is a seemingly unavoidable part of life.

And where did I and thousands of other teens most recently find it? That’s right, in Teen Ink magazine. Despite my many attempts, I remain unpublished. Every month my highly competitive friends and I eagerly await the new issue’s arrival. And though we would all swear our writing is positively fantastic, we have thus far been disappointed. I suppose each month we will continue to pursue the elusive Teen Ink dream and the 200 bonus points in English class it would bring. And most of us, including students all across the country, will meet our old friend: rejection.

Editor’s note: Tricia, Teen Ink gets thousands more submissions than we can fit into the magazine. Rejection can be rough, but anything that’s worth attaining is worth struggling for. Enjoy the 200 bonus points.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 1, 2012 at 11:41 am
I like to think of rejection as a bittersweet occurence. I mean, yes the sting of rejection can hurt you creatively, but just think, you'll be even more motivated to create something better. 

Apr. 1, 2012 at 11:41 am

jaymishae said...
I know the feeling. I might just have to get my english teacher to give out bonus points though.

VirginieC This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the first paragraph, that was really great

B-star7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the article!!! Teen ink gets you 200 bounus points?! Not fair!

FlawlessLawlessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree with early bird. haha. I totally agree!! I think it's great, but hen they don't. :(

earlybird_8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ha ha, it's funny how the story you wrote about how you NEVER get published in Teen Ink is the one that actually ends up getting published.

dreamergirly said...
May 20, 2010 at 10:45 am
:] SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!!! Good job, im sure you will be published soon :) keep trying and dont give up!!!!!