Response to Nagawicka dredging decision expected soon - Voter approval may be sought in April

I am writing in response to the article “Nagawicka dredging decision expected soon - Voter approval may be sought in April.” I agree that the lake needs to be dredged out for multiple reasons. Lake Nagawicka is a vital part of the Delafield economy, especially because of the fishing done on the lake. Many different species lose their food sources and necessary habitats for breeding because sediment is suffocating plants and covering rocky areas where fish lay their eggs. Someone had brought up the fact that dredging the lake without a catch basin at the inlet of the Bark River would be futile, which is true. But what about the other sources of sediment? The land surrounding Lake Nagawicka is slanted down to the lake, so deposits are washed down, especially from the whole Delafield business area, and they go into the lake. Creating a catch basin and dredging the lake is a good start, but we have to find ways to prevent sediment from washing into the lake from other sources also.