Feedback on "Echoes (Echoes)" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Echoes (Echoes)"

By ScreenName098 GOLD, New York City, New York
ScreenName098 GOLD, New York City, New York

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

The poem, "Echoes (Echoes)," by Sarah Bridgeport uses powerful comparisons that help convey the haunting threat of anxiety. It shows readers the influential capability that it has to harm someone, to drown that person in utter misery. By provoking such detailed imagery, readers get a sense of the interminable pain that anxiety fuels. As the poem depicts, anxiety latches onto people and finds its way deep underneath one's skin. It never completely fades, forever attached to the victim indefinitely.
          Sarah's voice in this poem hit me like a strike of lightning uttering only the truth of what countless teens are facing everyday. The poem vividly portrays the agony that those with anxiety must endure on a daily basis. As the poem describes, "It travels as ripples,/returns in crashing waves/and resonates in the silence." This piece encompasses the ongoing battle and challenges that many people with anxiety must suffer from, and Sarah does a brilliant job clearly conveying its problematic issue.