Feedback on "Spoiled Riches" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Spoiled Riches"

By laughingcookie SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
laughingcookie SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

“Spoiled Riches” by Adesuwa Agbonile is a perfect piece describing the human discontentment as people grow older. It beautifully portrays the contrast between the wants of childhood and adulthood. In childhood, $100 was a big deal, and it was so exciting to save up. But as children mature, they experience the real world and realize that things are much more than that. There are more requirements, and $100 is so little compared to the reality of having to pay around $40,000 for college per year.
This article is completely relatable. People always want more and more than what they have, which is reasonable, because they always want to move forward and succeed. However, people should also appreciate the little things in life. Agbonile describes, “I miss the simple joy of a $15 allowance, holding Benjamin Franklin between my chubby fingers, clutching my shiny new Nintendo DS to my chest and never longing for more.” I do miss that too, as I am starting to grow up and be more exposed to this. For now, I will cherish the meaningful items I have now, because I may not get to later on in life.