A Potter Obsession | Teen Ink

A Potter Obsession

March 10, 2015
By MJ_Styles SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
MJ_Styles SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Brooke Solich's "A Potter Obsession" is very inspirational.  She mentions that "...Harry inspired me to write."  Me personally, I had always wanted to be a writer, but it didn't hit me till I was and more mature that I could make a career out of it.  But what really got me was that she sees the books as her escape from reality.  I'm sure we all have something that does that for us.  it may be a movie, a book, or music.  For me it was world wide famous boyband, One Direction.  They make me feel like nothing really matter when I'm listening to their music.  There was also a point where my own mother was sure that my obession with five British/Irish lads was unhealthy, but honeslty, I didn't mind that she thought that.  They made me happy, and that's all that matters.  When she describes her trip to when she went to Hogwarts, I felt like I could really connect to her there.  Now, I don't like Harry Potter very much, but her going to the amusment park reminded me of the time I had gone to 1D World.  I probably looked crazy, but then again, so did the hundreds of girls who were waiting in line infront and behind me to get intp the store.  It was just an amazing experience, and I', sure Solich can relate.  Just being in a place where other people like the same thing, it has probably got to be the best feeling to ever happe.  I was really happy.  I had gone home with a smile on my face and One Direction shopping bags in my hands,  I would randomly squeal from happiness.  The 4-hour long wait was worth it to get into the store, just like Solich probably felt after the 3-hour long wait to get on the ride.  I'm sure Brooke and I aren't the only ones with an obession.  Solich had probably allowd many of other people to not be ashamed about what they like.  I loved that I was actualy able to relate her memoir, i had allowed for many fun and amazing memories to resurface.  it was well written, and thanks to Brooke, this piece was really inspiring and made me take a walk through memory lane.