Feedback on "On the Run" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "On the Run"

By ScreenName098 GOLD, New York City, New York
ScreenName098 GOLD, New York City, New York

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

"On the Run" by Olivia Wandres is a compelling piece of literature that grabs readers' attentions right from the start. It has a brief storyline that shifts from the narrator's stressed mind in the beginning to the intricate tragic events that display the cause for her troublesome position. Despite holding a rather short plot, it sends readers on an exciting journey that unfolds a story about the narrator's shocking encounter on a Halloween night. After her friend's immediate death, the blame is immediately pivoted on her as a burden. Countless news rumoring her despicable actions overweigh her stressful mind as memories of her friend's screams pierce through her brain at night. The aganozing calls torment her, relaying the incident that changed her life forever.

I personally believe that the story showcased a well refined plot that allowed readers to experience a stimulating adventure. The beginning was rather vague but it gave access to the conflict and called forth motivation for further exploration of the text. Eager readers anticipated the proceeding events as they compiled to form a successful storyline, linking the brief start to the flashback to create a clear connection of the story as a whole. In addition, the suspenseful descriptions of the occurrences on Halloween drove the plot forward, embracing the imagery that purveyed the lasting impression of that night. The text states, "The lamps now bathe the wet pavement in a luminescent glow. Kind of eerie." This line enunciates readers' growing anticipation as the story suddenly shifts to a more mysterious mood; it motivates eager readers to continue further. By the end, the story engraves lasting impressions in their minds, their hunger craving for the extension of this breathtaking masterpiece. This story is so wonderfully written that I am sure that many people will take pleasure in reading.