Niñitas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I enjoyed reading “Niñitas” by Melissa L. Nowadays, parties seem like over-the-top, superficial public declarations of who has more money. Just look at MTV’s “My Super Sweet Sixteen.” It was refreshing to see that Melissa felt like she didn’t need a party to transition from girl to woman.

This well-written article showed me that it doesn’t matter how poofy your dress is, what gifts you get, or how long a stretch limo your parents rented, but at the end of the day, when you snuggle in your bed, you go to sleep being you.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 6:39 pm:
Eloquently put~ The most important things in life don't require much fanfare because at the end of the day, you are still you. What more do you really need?