Like OMG Hi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I can relate to Elizabeth C.'s
poem about cheerleading, “Like OMG Hi,” because people at my high school judge cheerleaders in a very similar manner. Other students usually think that we are dumb, stuck up, and rude, and they say cheer is not a sport when in reality we work just as hard as other athletes. Most of us are very intelligent, kind, and welcoming. Our practices can get very intense as well. Sure, you can catch a ball, but try catching a teammate who is spiraling through the air. It's not as effortless as we make it seem.
People need to realize that cheerleaders are not dumb and rude like in the movies. Also, cheer is definitely a sport. The only difference is that not only do we perform and compete like every other sport, but we have to look good doing it – with no mistakes. Elizabeth makes these points in her poem, and I agree. There is so much more to cheer than big, shiny bows and pom poms.