Fast-Food Nation | Teen Ink

Fast-Food Nation

April 14, 2014
By SheIsTheSunlight BRONZE, Laveen, Arizona
SheIsTheSunlight BRONZE, Laveen, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In Allison’s article, “Fast-Food Nation,” she goes on about how convenient and good for your dollar fast food chains are in America. Allison seems like she’s joking around at first, but in the end, we learn that she’s serious about the “benefits” of the fast food industry. Fast food is a part of American pop culture, but it’s one of the leading causes of diabetes and obesity in America. According to the American Diabetes Association, last year 25.8 million Americans were diabetic. Fast food can be delicious, cheap and convenient, but when it comes straight down to the facts, no wonder America is the most obese country in the world. We rely on fattening food whereas, Allison argues, “… one third adults [in the nation] are obese, but how could that be avoided?” It can be avoided by taking care of your body with necessary nutrition, not grease and over salted fries almost every day of the week. I do agree a good burger, fries and a soda is good, but only every once in a while. Eating fast food all the time is a bit too much, don’t you?