"Electra Heart" by Marina and the Diamonds

As a fellow Marina and the Diamonds fan, I feel that Hanna A.’s review of “Electra Heart” is extremely well-written and showcases the wonders of Marina Diamandis’ second album. Hanna mentions how the four archetypes? Beauty Queen, Housewife, Homewrecker, and Idle Teen? develop the story of fictional persona Electra Heart. She also explains the versatility of the album, from energetic and jubilant songs like “How to Be a Heartbreaker” to emotional songs about heartbreak like “Lies.” Through her description of the album’s unique aspects, Hanna proves to the reader how talented Diamandis is.

I wholeheartedly agree with Hanna’s opinions on “Electra Heart” as well. While Electra often struggles with concepts of lust and love, it is still a refreshing twist to today’s typical love song. Hanna describes the work as “real, relatable, and raw,” which fully captures the feel of “Electra Heart.” When Diamandis’ stunning vocals are coupled with her innovative lyrics, the audience’s experience is unmatched by other singers. Hanna’s review correctly illustrates the beauty of Marina and the Diamonds’ latest album.