Worst Job Ever | Teen Ink

Worst Job Ever MAG

By HannahTelt BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
HannahTelt BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

The most extraordinary people in life aren't the ones who fit in, they are the ones that stand out

“Worst Job Ever” by Molly McKay was one of the most moving articles I have ever read. It gave me a whole new perspective on jobs and what really happens behind the register. It shocked me, and I found myself feeling incredibly sympathetic to those who are going through a tough time at work.

I didn’t really care about the narrator when she began her story. I thought, If you don’t like your job, get over it and quit. But when I continued reading, I was totally shocked by the conditions Molly worked in. She couldn’t quit and was constantly put down by her coworkers.

I can’t imagine being bullied at work. “It came to a point where I would become physically ill before going to work because I was so nervous,” Molly wrote. This piece really made me think about workers who have to put up with mistreatment on the job.

Bullying is incredibly hard to endure. I have seen this in my school, and I hate to think that this happens to people at work. No one should have to go through this, and I feel sorry for anyone who does.