Formatting on TeenInk.com This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I have submitted work to Teen Ink for years, and looking back it is interesting to see how my writing style has evolved and improved. The magazine gives me the unique opportunity to get feedback from other teens and occasionally see my work in print.

While Teen Ink is a wonderful resource for writers, there is something that could be improved. When one submits an article, ­poem, or short story to the website, all ­formatting is instantly removed. Often in prose, fonts, italics, and bolding are important to convey essential aspects of the story. For example, in fiction, thoughts or words with special importance are placed in italics. Sometimes, different fonts are used to give a customized effect. However, the ­website does not accommodate any type of formatting.

In the future, it would be wonderful to see Teen Ink allow users to include basic formatting in our submissions to give our written works an extra dimension.

Editor's note: We do hope to add ­formatting to the site in the future. In the meantime, you can use HTML coding to do basic formatting, for example, and to italicize text.

vietblueart said...
today at 7:16 pm:
Yes, I agree completely! I really hope Teen Ink will add formatting for submissions. And seriously, why is it there for comments/feedback and not for publication? .___.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Agree with you whole heartedly. Congrats on the publication. By the way, I try to use italics sometimes in my poetry; but it just doesn't work. Hopefully, they take into consideration this piece to fix this dilemma. 

ROYCEPHUSThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:59 pm :
Glad you agree :) I love Teenink, but this has always bothered me..